Puff Pastry Chicken Pot Pie
Recipe by Peaches 2 Peaches
1. Peel and cube the potato and boil in a small pot until just tender. Drain and set aside.
2. In a sauté pan over medium heat, add 2 tablespoons olive oil, cut up chicken thighs, onion and garlic powders, 1 tsp salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Sauté until the meat starts to brown and no more pink remains. Remove from the pan and set aside.
3. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil, onion and garlic. Cook for two minutes. Add mushrooms and thyme. Sauté until mushrooms are cooked through. Add butter. After it melts add flour and mix. Cook for one minute. Add in broth. Bring to a boil and cook until thickened. Add in cream and wine and stir. Add salt and pepper to taste.
4. Add in cooked potatoes and chicken. Transfer to a greased 2-1/2-qt. oblong baking dish. Set aside.
5. On a cutting board, slightly roll out one puff pastry sheet. Cut into 9 strips. Add strips diagonally across the dish.
6. Roll and cut the second puff pastry sheet into 9 strips as well. Weave the strips together into a lattice.
7. In a small bowl, beat egg and water with a fork. With a pastry brush, brush the top of the lattice with the egg wash until completely covered.
8. Bake in a 400 degree oven for 40-50 minutes. Cover with foil if it starts to brown too quickly. Cool slightly on a wire rack and serve.