Creamy Vegetable Sandwich
Recipe by Shweta Arora
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 15 min
This creamy vegetable sandwich is an easy back to school recipe that also makes an excellent quick dinner option.
Make the vegetable sandwich spread
Drain each of Libby's Vegetable Cup and set aside.
In a pan add butter and once it melted add the onions and garlic. Saute until onions are soft and translucent.
Stir in the Italian seasoning, pepper flakes, salt, and pepper followed by veggies and cilantro. Give it a good mix and cook for 1-2 mins. Take it off the heat and let it cool slightly.
In a mixing bowl, add softened cream cheese, tomato ketchup, shredded mozzarella, and vegetable filling. Mix until well combined and divide it into 4 portions.
For the vegetable sandwich
Apply butter to both the bread slices facing up. Place one portion of the filling and spread it evenly. Top it with another bread slice. Apply some butter on top.
Heat a grill pan (or griddle) on medium flame and place the sandwich with the butter side down. Cook for 2 mins or until crispy and golden.
Apply some butter to the side facing up and flip to cook until golden brown.
When both sides have crisped up, remove on a cooling rack (this prevents the sandwich from being soggy).
Delicious, cheesy and filling Creamy vegetable sandwich is ready!! Cut into half and serve warm!
- The veggie filling can be made ahead by a day or two in advance and stored in the refrigerator.
- Fresh or frozen veggies, will need more cooking time.
- This sandwich can be served without grilling too but we like it crispy.
- Add some greens to your sandwich to make it extra healthy and delicious.
- Use the cooling rack to place the grilled sandwiches as it helps keep them crispy and prevents them from getting soggy from their own heat.